Extract from their About page:
The business was established in September 1956 by Louis Herterich and his wife Teresa at Ballymahon St, Longford Town. The Herterich family are originally from Braviera in southern Germany. The first pork butcher shop was opened in Naas, County Kildare in 1912 by Louis’s father George. Louis’s was part of a large family that spread out all over Ireland, opening shops and bringing Traditional German butchering skills with them.
Our family tradition continues today with Louis Jnr, who apprenticed himself to his father for over a dozen years before he passed away in 1995 and his wife Caroline at the helm.